Wayward Whiskers Animal Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. We are run solely by a handful of volunteers and depend heavily on donations and fundraisers to fulfill our mission to reduce the unwanted animal population. We are a foster based rescue, and do not own a building or a shelter. We provide all necessary vetting, vaccinations, and spay/neuter surgeries to all animals in our care before going to their forever homes. The typical cost of caring for one kitten or cat from intake until adoption is about $125 for vet bills alone – not including food and litter.
To support our mission, we accept monetary donations, supplies, and gift cards. Receipts for donations are issued upon request.
Frequently Needed Items:
- Litter (clumping/lightweight preferred & pine pellets for very young kittens)
- Canned cat and kitten food
- Dry Grain-Free Cat Food (Adult & Kitten)
- Cat toys, scratching pads, catnip
- New litter boxes
- Pet store gift cards (PetSmart, Petco, Pet Valu, Amazon, etc.)
- KMR Kitten Formula
- Clean Supplies (ie. Bleach, Accel Cleaner, Lysol wipes, paper towels, etc.)
- Unscented Laundry Detergent
If you would like to mail a donation, please send to P.O. Box 412, Greensburg, PA or contact us.
You can also donate directly to our account at KVET ANIMAL CARE:
1 Gibralter Way, Greensburg, PA 15601 or 724-216-5174.