In order to ensure that our animals go to permanent loving homes, Wayward Whiskers has the following adoption policies in place. These policies are subject to change or vary on a case-by-case basis. For questions about our adoption policies or to get started, please contact us.
- We usually do not do same-day adoptions. There may be some exceptions (such as, if you have adopted from us in the past and your info is on file).
- There is an application process to adopt. If other animals are in the home, a vet reference check will be done. If you rent your home, a landlord pet agreement form will be required.We do check property records to confirm ownership of property.
- If false information is provided at any point during the adoption process, Wayward Whiskers reserves the right to deny the adoption.
- Adoption fee is $80. Two animals adopted together is $120. Adoption fee includes 2-3 distemper vaccinations, rabies vaccinations, spay/neuter, feline AIDS and leukemia test, 2-3 dewormings, and flea treatment (if needed).
- AVID Microchipping is offered for an additional $20 fee (includes lifetime registration)
- The adopter agrees that cats must be kept indoors only.
- Adopter must sign a contract NOT to declaw. Declawing is a painful and permanently scarring procedure that can cause behavioral and health problems in cats.
- Wayward Whiskers reserves the right to refuse adoption to any person we feel is not in the best interest of the kitten or cat.
Visiting Our Pets
See our available pets here or on AdoptAPet.com. Adoption inquiries are by e-mail only. Please leave your phone number and email for a response. Our organization is run by volunteers, so we appreciate your patience. If you are approved for an adoption, or would like to meet a kitten/cat, we will set up an appointment. We also bring select cats and kittens to events and pet stores on varying days. Please contact us, follow us on Facebook, or view our events page to see where we’ll be